Thursday, August 3, 2017

Even logic is 'hate speech'.

A person who used to be one of my closest and dearest friends now thinks me a mentally ill right-wing extremist bigot for so much as daring to question the claims put forward by the transgender movement. Even for pointing out that the Massachusetts definition of 'gender identity' ("'Gender identity' shall mean a person's gender-related identity, appearance or behavior, whether or not that gender-related identity, appearance or behavior is different from that traditionally associated with the person's physiology or assigned sex at birth.") has what is to be defined on both sides of the copula and, therefore, constitutes a classic tautology. Logical observations are now irrational hatreds--in the eyes of my former friend, at least.   I wish I could say that she is a stupid, uneducated twit, easily swayed by faddish causes, but she's not.  She is one of the five smartest, most articulate, and most well-read people I have ever met or shall ever hope to meet, and yet she now must have a safe space to shield her from basic logic.  This is really scary.



No comments: