Friday, April 28, 2017

Will someone, please, tell me how I can avoid bigotry? PLEASE!!

I need someone to explain to me how sexual orientation makes any sense on the premise that 'gender identity' and not physiological sex constitutes man- and womanhood.

This conundrum causes me untold confusion and lots of sleepless nights. Because I really do not know how I am ever going to stop being a bigot and finally join rational, civilized society (you know, everyone who is faithful to the LGBT Magisterium). I really want to accept, celebrate, and affirm the identities of gays, Lesbians, and bisexuals, but I do not know how to do that without the concept of sexual orientation. But I do not know how that concept makes any coherent sense at all without assuming that physiological sex is the basis of man- and womanhood.

But I also want to accept, affirm, and celebrate the identities of transgender people, and I can't do so unless I deny the premise of sexual orientation. Yet, if I do that, the identities of gays, Lesbians, and bisexuals make no sense to me at all, and that makes me a bigoted homophobic barbarian. So, then I have to affirm that physiological sex is what makes a man a man and a woman a woman, but then I am a vile, irrational, troglodytic transphobic bigot.

Help me, please, because I don't wanna be a bigot. I don't wanna be a bigot! Waah!

No comments: