Saturday, May 9, 2015

From the Mailbag

About three months ago I sent a fellow Catholic a copy of Karl Keating's New Book The New Geocentrists in the hope that she would read it and realize that geocentrism is and never has been a Dogma of the Church and that scientifically it is now and has been since the observation of stellar parallax in the 19th century simply an untenable notion.  Well, that hope was empty, and I might as well have flushed twenty bucks down the toilet or given it to a pothead.

Today I received a letter of thanks from this Catholic.

True, she thanked me for the book.  But she was being patronizing in the same manner the Church Lady would say, "Well, isn't that special?!"

She wrote:  "I have always liked Karl Keating, and I just can't figure out why he is so opposed to the geocentrist idea that he would write a book just to discredit it."

Well, maybe, just maybe, he is sick and tired of people like you making Catholics look like morons and raving lunatics.

There are days that I wish I were still an atheist.  This is one of them.

Ugh.  Ugh.  Ugh.

No comments: