Monday, April 28, 2014

An open letter to Chris O'Leary (a.k.a. The Pain Guy)

Mr. O'Leary,

my opposition to the legal recognition of same-sex "marriage" prompted you to say that I was as evil as an anti-Semite or a racist.   If defining marriage as the erotic union of a man and a woman is as evil as racism or anti-Semitism, as you claim, then the logical consequence of the first must be as evil and harmful as that of the second and the third.

If racism (and by racism I mean specifically the notion that blacks are subhuman beasts of burden) is given free rein, it leads ineluctably to chattel slavery. Anti-Semitism in its pure, unadulterated form leads to Auschwitz.

So, Mr. O'Leary, would you please tell me 1) what is the logical consequence of a definition of marriage based upon sexual difference and 2) how that is as evil as treating human beings as mules or gassing them en masse and then making lampshades out of their skin? Please, tell me. I really, really would like to know.

Thanks.

No comments: