Tuesday, February 18, 2014

What I hope will be the unintended consequence of the new anti-gay law in Kansas

A Restaurant in Kansas. Two men enter and ask to be seated.

Hostess: Er, um, you're a same-sex couple.

Guy1: Well, we're just friends.

Hostess: Our Restaurant is a family-friendly establishment, and we have a strict policy of refusing service to deviants who might threaten our family-friendliness.

Guy2: What the hell?

Hostess: It's h-e-double-toothpicks, please, sir.

Guy1: What? You think we're gay?

Hostess: I have to make sure, sir. Restaurant policy.

Guy1: How?

Hostess: Kiss me, sir.

Guy1: What!

Hostess: Kiss me. You both have to kiss me before I can seat you. Policy.

(The guys look at each other befuddledly and then say, "okay", and proceed one after the other to give the hostess a very chaste peck on the cheek.)

Hostess: That won't do. I am sorry, but those kisses were very gay.

(I think you get the idea where this sketch is headed.)

1 comment:

Tom Leith said...

This could be very funny -- maybe use the pattern of Chesterton's The Flying Inn?